Friday 7 September 2007

I'm a liar

So any claims I made that I wasn't jet-lagged was a complete lie! I didn't get to sleep until about 5:30 am and woke up begrudgedly at 2pm today! Last night we went to a night flea market. Everything was so cheap I went into shock and hardly bought anything! (A problem I must resolve immediately!) Ate a lot of Chinese food yesterday! (It's not the same in the states). It is so bright here, though it appears foggy (must be the pollution). We took the ferry across to Hong Kong (we are actually in Kaloon right across the harbor). It was amazing what we walked into...Gucci and Versace-land....not what I expected! And it went on and on.... finally we found the real Hong Kong, where we were the only tourists walking through streets and streets of markets. Did you know severed fish heads stay alive for five minutes after they are cut?! gross. :) Amazing faces, strange smells, rich and poor right next to each other. A lot of old Hong Kong has just been completely replaced with the new. I got 2 t-shirts w- American Eagle labels for $50 which equals $7 US dollars. Everything is really cheap, though Hong Kong is the most expensive Chinese city, so I'm holding out till Shanghai. I will try to post some pics I took yesterday on my flickr site. My computer is about out of batteries so I need to go...one last thing...Oh, 2! I'm in a starbucks right now (never thought I'd be so happy to be in one!) and the have the ID magazine here! Also, I saw communist party police yesterday and boy do they look scary! They have regular police too, but these guys carry machine guns as tall as me! Also, there is a lot of 'designer' style here but no real punk/alternative style, no rebelious teenagers, lots of suits and ties. Surprising after US and London, seeing so many 'yabos.' London's having a real problem with their undisciplined teenage population right now, with 11 year olds getting shot by other 11 year olds. That kind of stuff doesn't appear to happen here! Anyways, more later.....xx

No comments: