Monday 6 August 2007

...Sorry it's been a bit....

So I was writing my blog earlier today, and I had just finished writing, "I am so happy, I finally got my computer back out of the shop!" ....And then it crashed again. AHHHH!!! I had to take it back in....after the guy looked at it and decided something is very wrong, something he's never seen before etc (and they can't just replace it because it was purchased in the US) I said, "Just one more question: WHY ME!? Why MY computer!?" Moving on.... So I've moved into a flat in Islington/Angel, which is a very cool part of town for the next few weeks. It has been nice to be able to cook in, stay home, and relax. I went to The Tate art museum Friday night. It was lovely. They had food, wine, live music, and some of the most amazing art I have ever seen! I loved seeing The Lady of Shallot, and was excited about seeing the Turner watercolor collection (but it turned out it bored me). There was a lot of modern stuff that surprised me, and it surprised me even more that I liked a lot of it! A man who was protesting the war outside of Parliament for years had a huge protest display that eventually got taken down, had it up as an exhibit inside the Tate, which I thought was interesting. Saturday I went to a lovely BBQ at my friend Charlie's house. Turns out he lives just around the corner and has a lovely garden! It was a very nice gathering with a lot of very cool people. Then we went to see Roger's film at the Portobello Film Festival, and ended up back at the BBQ. I'm dog-sitting Luca Momo Beans (the sweet as pie collie dog) for a few days. Sunday we went to The Bricklane market, which goes on forever and has very good (cheap) deals on everything! I got a shirt for 3 pounds that is absolutely like nothing I have ever seen before-the weirdest/cutest shirt....it must be Japanese... it says "RADIC COLOR" Then there is a "Rad Chimp" with a gun to it's head wearing a t-shirt that says "Can't live without Banana!!" The other writing reads "Stimulate your brain" "Bad Max Edition" "We face in the next geration. And we Must Leave Something" "Destruction is the means to begin to be the latest" and finally, "Vibelation get you stimulation" Crazy huh? I couldn't believe i got it for 3 pounds and it fits like a glove! (Thanks for humoring me reading that, but it made me really happy!) Today....I had a lot of plans....unfortunately I spent the day at the apple store....on the tube. At least I got to read some of my book 'White Lotus.' It is a fictional tale by John Hersey (Hiroshima) about whites being enslaved by the Chinese. My friend owns the film rights, and I am getting really into the book. I got to wear my original P.Burstin boots out the other day! My favorite going away present, my friend took a pair of my white, patent leather gogo boots and wrote 2000 words about me going to Shanghai etc in capital black letters that circle around telling the story! Big hit! Yesterday I met up with a friend from middle/high school Siri Betts! She is doing great! Just graduated with a degree in ceramic arts and is very happy in London. It was so nice to see her! Also, she introduced me to an 'All you can eat' Indian place that is only 3 pounds fifty! It was my birthday Wed. It was kind of a bummer because it really made me miss my friends-family, but I am 24 now...hard to believe I know! ;) Well, I have to get on to dinner. I am going to figure out how to post my pictures some place so I will keep you posted! Thanks! Love, Amy

1 comment:

Tedi said...

If you see Siri again, tell her I said 'hi'!