Saturday 18 August 2007

...just a bit....

So I went to the V&A (Victoria and Albert) Museum the other day and saw their huge costume exhibit. I love to look at costumes, especially old ones made by hand-unbelievable! (I make all my costumes with glue!) It was funny, they had a "Contemporary New York Fashion" exhibit! There were only 4 decent designers (Zac Posan, Oswald Boetang, Ducky Moore, and the designer for Karen O.) amongst P.Diddy and crap like that. It is an amazing museum! Saw English art, a room called "The Norfolk Room" which was entirely gilded, with Medusa's face emerging out of the ceiling....incredible! That evening Norm and I met up with a friend of his he hasn't seen in 30 years name John and his 2 lovely lady friends at his house for the most exquisite 3 course meal! John has the loveliest voice, like velvet, very pleasant to listen to. His friends were also very nice and it was a great evening. The next night I tried to see the movie 'LaVien Rose," the Edith Piaf movie, but instead got the french movie "Tell No One" a good looking, intriguing film, with marvelous performances. Afterwards though I realized some parts didn't really make sense or weren't explained. (Could have been a translation thing though). Today I am going to the Portabella market to tease myself a little....(I can't believe the dollar went up against the pound on Thursday! That is great news for me! This whole US subprime mortgage crisis is a little scary, but it had to happen sometime I guess).

No comments: