Monday 20 August 2007

A Fantastic Experience!

Last night I had the good fortune, thanks to Norman's sister Annie, of seeing Shakespeare's OTHELLO at the Globe Theatre! We had the best seats in the house, sitting in the first row center! It was really an incredible experience for me! Othello is one of my favorites, and the experience of seeing it in the space it was actually written for was truely moving. On top of that I know both Tim McInnerny and Eamonn Walker (Iago and Othello), who were both extraordinary, and we hung out with them afterwards at a party. The whole theatre-going experience is one I will never forget! Spent the day cleaning and cutting down my luggage from 2 big/1 small suitcases to 1 big/1 small.... It's strangely depressing and stressful trying to make your life fit into a box! (I spend most of my life trying to stay outside of one!) Going to Amsterdam on Wed. for a few days, Very excited! It's really cold here...really....and people walk so slow here.....Oh my goodness, somedays I feel like such a New Yorker.....Speaking of which, went to the Portebella market Saturday and they were selling "I Hate NY shirts" (In the style of the I heartNY ones! I got really offended....don't worry guys, I set 'em straight.... ; ) email me your addresses if you want a postcard! (ameliakallman@hotmail.com)

No comments: