Tuesday 31 July 2007

Hello!

I forgot to tell you I saw a "band" called Crazy Girl at the Ghetto Club in
Soho on Thursday....Her theme song was shouting "Cocaine Talk Cocaine talk, Can't get enough of that Cocaine talk!" She was horrific and laughable...made me really appreciate the fine quality of bands I've been involved with! Anyways....So on Friday we all piled into Rodge's convertable and drove first to Bristol, then to Poolebridge campsite in Exmoor at the Devon and Somerset border, way up in the hills. This was unbelievable...like nothing I have ever seen before! The air was exquisite, I have never seen so much green and untouched territory. When we got to camp there was already the Vining family there (Pam, Andy, and their adorable 6 year old son Louis) We set up camp in a private, tucked away field in a tunnel of greenery, next to a lovely flowing river. The next day before everyone else arrived we all walked (and walked and walked) up steep hills to the top of the moor, where you felt like you were above the clouds and level with the sun. Sheep grazing, open hilly fields as far as the eye can see! Returning to camp we found a whole group of people had joined us, putting the party up to 12. About 30 years ago this group would do 'summer camps' for weeks in an area we revisited (the last time they were there there was trouble with the 'legality' of the whole thing...) That place was breath-takingly beautiful! It was obvious no one had been back there since and for the first time I understood the notion of an enchanted forest, it was it's own universe, cathedral inspiring, moss 12 inches deep....outstanding really. Saturday night it rained. (I had laid down for a nap and woke up with it pouring) dinner got made, we kept warm under the 'wiki-up'....heard a lot of hilarious stories that had me and the seventeen year old son of a camper looking at each other like "And they think our generation is crazy!" It was an inspiringly good time! We decamped late Sunday and went to Bristol where one of Norman's best friends Lizzie Melling made us a home cooked meal, baths, and we slept like babies in a real beds! That evening though we walked all around Bristol, which is a gorgeous, funky town. Based around a lock, there was a boat show this weekend so we got to see a lot of ships etc. I could definitely see how people love to live there. Yesterday we drove back through Salisbury, where I have been before on my own...gorgeous countryside. After dinner last night I slept for about 14 hours! Tomorrow we are moving to a flat on Montague square for 3 weeks....not sure what is going to happen tomorrow (it's my 24th birthday!) I think we are having dinner at the Groucho club which will be very nice! I'm going to load all my pics to a photobucket site so you can all look at them....I hope these aren't boring entries! I'm having a great time, but I do get waves of missing my friends so much! xx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello to you - isn't the countryside amazing. i remember the second time i went to london jeremy and i drove out to this 15th century house that used to belong to anne boelyn (sp?) looked out over the hillside, sprawling as far as the eye could see. i'm glad to know you're having such a lovely time, and feel free to pass jude law's number my way

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Love!!!

Anonymous said...

In addition, know that I certainly check this all the time and nothing you put up is boring to me ... so write on dear! I love it ... and you!

Tedi said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!
I too read this blog regularly. There's nothing like escaping from the office to lush green pastures if only for a brief moment. Keep writing!!

Unknown said...

Amy:

Happy Belated Birthday!! And I'm with Nicole: this blog is definitely NOT boring! Keep it up :)