Monday 23 July 2007

Beginning of Adventure!

So I flew into London after a few lovely days with friends in the NY countryside and driving through scary monsoon-like showers to arrive at the airport. The first two nights we stayed at The Chelsea Arts Club, a very sweet members-only club where I learned a thing or two about keeping up with the English! The first night I performed King Kong and at the part when I do this head slap action, I forgot I had a huge ring on, and now I have a bruise on my forehead! The following night my friend Emma Summerton, the photographer, came in to have dinner with me, Norman, 3 of Norm's best mates, and her friend who just got back from 2 years in Shanghai (she loves it there and can't wait to return). I was requested to perform again and got a standing ovation, then we all went to The Groucho Club. Jude Law was there and we smiled and locked eyes a few times! He is not the worst looking man I've ever seen! The following day I went into this terribly trendy, expensive store on King's Road and found an adorable shirt with none other but The Chelsea Hotel picture on it! Of course I bought it, and that night had a very rich, fattening English meal! We are staying with guitar player/film-maker Roger Pomphrey, and watched his latest film "Who the
F*@% is Pete Doherty?" It was a very well made film, I was extremely impressed! (the subject matter was a little grim, they all come across completely strung out and their talent never lived up to their egos if you ask me) but the film was great! Yesterday I finally did some laundry and repacked. My computer is having major issues and I still need to finish sorting my blackberry out (hopefully today). Went to a BBQ last night, it was lovely, except for this woman who somehow, accidently throw a glass of champagne in my eye...it still sort of stings! The man who is playing Othello at the Globe with Norman's brother in law Tim McInerey was their, along with about 15 "documentary film makers." So, apparently I was in The New York Times Sunday paper yesterday, the City section in an article NYTimes.com: Love Letters to a Dowager of a Muse
Date: 22 Jul 2007
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/22/nyregion/thecity/22chel.html?ex=1185768000&en=cc6950599315990d&ei=5070&emc=eta1
Today I hope to sort out my phone and computer. There is a "Camp" being planned for this next weekend in the countryside of Summerset! Roger has a lovely collie dog Luca, who has become my constant companion! It's chillier here than I expected, but I am enjoying myself very much! More later...xxx

1 comment:

Tedi said...

Sounds terrific. Jude Law. Sounds terrific. Haha. Sounds like you are mingling in the right circles; artists, filmmakers, writers, actors, etc.

Meanwhile, I'm preparing to go to VA this weekend for my good friend, Kalyna's wedding. Really excited to go and see my Rocky Run bff tie the knot.

You know, I wish we had taken some more pictures together when we did the play then. Let me know if you or your parents can dig something up.

Teds