Thursday 7 February 2008

Wow!

New Years Eve was Unreal! Totally nuts! I had 3 girlfriends over to make dumplings, which is supposed to bring you good luck for the next year! They turned out great, and Norm was happy to bring in the new year with 4 girls cooking for him! We had a very pleasant fun evening, except that from about 4pm on there was continues noise of firecrackers and fireworks going off! We went outside around Midnight and there was firecrackers set up in a line going from our side of the lane all the (long) ways over to the other side! I took a bit of video, just to show you what the sound was like, it went on for about 5 minutes! Well something weird is happening with youtube, so I guess you won't get to see the video! (I mean hear it!) It was like being in a war zone with fire and smoke surrounding you and loud noises! It was pretty spectacular! I've never seen anything like it! And I heard my first firecrackers today at 9am! This will go on for another week, every night, and the tenth is a big night too! My friend had been given this elaborately packaged 'fish' that we were supposed to eat for good luck, but told "Don't eat the whole thing, or you will have eaten all your luck!" There was no worries there, it was not eatable and completely gross! We were trying to see if it worked as skin cream even (It was a lot like what you might expect cocoa butter to taste like, but a weird consistency! Our good luck fish ended up in the trash! (See pics on my flickr site!) It was Really insane!

On another note, Norm and I are working hard on the show and club, getting very excited! As soon as the new year is over we will secure the location, our partners etc (No one would do business before Chinese New Year-it's bad luck.) I'm really getting excited! Never thought I'd be saying this but I can't wait to get to work! I'm a little homesick for my mom today, will try to call my folks tonight! (I think it's all the fireworks and firecrackers!) Also, this is big Chinese family holiday and wish my fam was here! Maybe next year!

No comments: