Wednesday 19 September 2007

Wow!

So it has taken me days to get into my blog! I was sure, because the server would not recognize it etc, that this was censorship at it's best! But, I've been proven wrong! Flew into Shanghai 2 days ago. Our business connect who was supposed to have met us in Hong Kong weeks ago, but had valid reasons for delaying it, Still isn't here, and it is getting quite lonely! Don't get me wrong, Norman and I have been working on the proposal and keeping each other happy and engaged, but not being able to communicate with virtually everyone is frustrating and isolating. I've had a few Lost in Translation days. The hotel we are staying at here in Shanghai is very nice, the size and structure of a very nice NYC apartment! So we got picked up by our connects friend's friend's who hardly spoke English, but were very nice and welcoming to us. The first night we checked into the hotel and then were taken out to the most famous restaurant in Shanghai. When you go out to dinner in China, whoever invited you orders all the food for the table and treats you as well. We had about 15 courses (no joke) including crab, fish, dumplings, noodles, sugar dumpling, soup, baby shrimp, and a tofu dish that smelled like a waste sewer (I'm not exaggerating!)....and I couldn't say much about the decor, but it was a pleasant experience. The next day we had a business meeting at an ungodly hour, came back and the typhoon weather started to come in. Norm went out to be the hunter and gatherer (in the pouring rain) and I opted for a massage (costing under $20 US dollars for an hour) then the typhoon came in! It wasn't nearly as bad as they expected, but the roads flooded etc. Today we found the grocery store and are about to have our first home cooked meal in China! Now that I figured this blog thing out I will keep updating it more often! Oh yeah, my 64 pound suitcase I sent back to my parents house from London with all my favorite clothes, scrapbook, books etc? Lost. Yup. Lost....huh...this hasn't been an easy last few days! Looking forward to some sunshine and some friends....missing you all! Love, Amelia

No comments: